EVALUATION OF UTAH'S QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCEDURES RELATED TO CONSTRUCTION
Utah's specifications, policies, and procedures concerned with quality assurance in highway construction are reviewed and evaluated. The problems, comments, and suggestions associated with the specifications, policies, and procedures are taken from those persons most closely associated with the daily application of quality assurance concepts. These are then reviewed, evaluated and used as objectives for information searches. Solutions to problems from information searches are suggested for implementation. Outdated or inefficient specifications or procedures are suggested for revision or elimination to make room for new improvements. Short term reseach is suggested for those areas which have no immediate solutions and those areas exhibiting problems of a more complex nature are recommended to be used as objectives in future research projects. Suggested guidelines are formed to insure progressive and appropriate development of improved quality assurance programs.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration.
Utah Department of Transportation757 West Second South
Salt Lake City, UT United States 84104
- Leatham, J L
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- TRT Terms: Construction; Evaluation; Guidelines; Policy; Quality assurance; Road construction; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction specifications
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00158117
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UDOT-MR-76-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HPR-PL-PR 1(13)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM