MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Highway maintenance management involves planning, organizing, directing, and controlling maintenance work. This manual was developed with the purpose of updating the existing highway maintenance management system. The manual was prepared to specifically consider four basic tasks as follows: 1. A full review and analysis of the Maintenance Division of functions, responsibilities, organization, structure and operating practices. 2. The conceptual description of a maintenance management system for Rhode Island tailored to the specific needs of this State. 3. The establishment of a basic reporting system and provisional standards upon which a maintenance management system can be built in the future. 4. The establishment of basic standards related to significant maintenance activities and to required levels of maintenance.
- Sponsored by Rhode Island Department of Transportation in Cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
Boeing Computer Services IncorporatedConsulting Division
New York, NY United States
- Buttz, C W
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- TRT Terms: Highway maintenance; Maintenance management; Reports; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reporting
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00158096
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Manual
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM