CURRENT ADVANCEMENT INAUTOMATIC STATION-KEEPING
A description is given of the automatic station-keeping system proposed for the Glomar-40 Class drillship, consisting of conventional mooring and dynamic positioning based on an inertial reference system. A discussion of the computer simulation showing the value of the inertial reference unit is included.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Schaeffner, C R
- Dixon, T F
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Drilling ships; Dynamic positioning; Inertial navigation systems; Performance; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Drilling ship performance; Station keeping
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156194
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM