THEORETICAL EVALUATION OF THE SEAKEEPING PERFORMANCE OF FIVE CANDIDATE OTEC PLATFORMS
A theoretical approach is presented and applied to five platform types--ship, submarine, vertical column stabilized semisubmersible, disc and axisymmetric spar. Motions and cold water pipe bending moment distributions are investigated.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Barr, R A
- O'Dea, J F
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Energy conversion; Motion; Oceans; Offshore platforms; Seakeeping; Semisubmersibles; Structural design; Thermal power generation; Thermal reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform design; Platform motions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00156192
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM