DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS OF THE U.S. NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF NUCLEAR POWER GENERATING STATIONS IN THE OCEAN
Introductory material describing a typical land based nuclear powerplant is followed by a discussion of the current projects now under review by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission bearing on the use of nuclear power generating plants in the ocean. Design verification through scale model testing and analytical modeling for ocean applications of nuclear power generating plants is discussed. The current NRC position on the respective role of scale model testing and analytical modeling is presented.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Birkel, R A
- Bosnak, R J
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Nuclear power plants; Offshore power plants
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00156191
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM