THEORETICAL ANALYSIS OF SINGLE-POINT MOORING BEHAVIOR
The detailed development of mathematical models for determining the dynamic behavior of single-point mooring installations is discussed. Computer results obtained with a simplified five-degree of freedom mathematical model of a single-point mooring system showing the correlation that is established by the results of a limited physical model testing program are presented.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Owen, D G
- Linfoot, B T
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Mooring; Moorings; Motion; Offshore platforms; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Platform motions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00156190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM