TIME DOMAIN SIMULATION OF SEMISUBMERSIBLE PLATFORM MOTION WITH APPLICATION TO THE TENSION-LEG PLATFORM
A numerical time-domain solution of the equations of motion for a floating semisubmersible stable platform offers the possibility of more accurate estimates of vessel motion response in severe sea conditions than are possible by the linear frequency domain technique. Some example calculations are described in which the technique is applied to the analysis of motions and anchoring forces for a tension-leg stable platform.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Paulling Jr, J R
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Motion; Offshore moorings; Offshore platforms; Semisubmersibles; Tension
- Old TRIS Terms: Platform motions; Tension leg platforms
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00156189
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM