ENGINEERING ASPECTS OF OTEC SYSTEMS
The plant described is a closed-loop thermodynamic cycle with ammonia as the working fluid. Considered are the engineering aspects of the system components, naval architecture of the floating spar-type platform, and economics of energy production and utilization.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Trimble, L C
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Electric power generation; Energy conversion; Motion; Oceans; Offshore platforms; Structural design; Thermal efficiency; Thermal power generation; Thermal reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform design; Platform motions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Economics; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153835
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM