PROSPECTS FOR OTEC ENERGY UTILIZATION
Direct electrical transmission and energy intensive product manufacturing on site are two approaches to OTEC energy utilization. Relative merit considerations of transmission versus aluminum smelting and ammonia production facility designs include cost, environmental impact, safety, sea motions and demand for product.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Snyder III, J E
- Douglass Jr, R H
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Electric power generation; Energy conversion; Oceans; Offshore platforms; Thermal power generation; Thermal reactors
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153834
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM