OTEC--A SURVEY OF THE STATE OF THE ART
The OTEC (Offshore Thermal Energy Conversion) concept is discussed, with emphasis on results of major studies, demonstrating the adequacy of existing state-of-practice in energy production. Emphasis is on system components, economics and geopolitical aspects, with particular attention to heat exchanger development requirements.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Sheets, H E
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Electric power generation; Energy conversion; Heat exchangers; Oceans; Offshore platforms; State of the art; Thermal power generation; Thermal reactors
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153832
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM