STRUCTURAL DAMAGE DETECTION BY MEASUREMENT OF DYNAMIC RESPONSE
Damage to an offshore structure below the waterline is difficult to determine by inspection. Recently, dynamic techniques have evolved to sense the presence of major structural damage in below-waterline structural elements. This paper describes experiments toward the evaluation of detecting structural damage by these techniques.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Vandiver, J K
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Defects; Loss and damage; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Safety; Structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage assessment; Structural damage
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage information; Platform safety
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00153831
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM