A METHOD FOR STATIC ANALYSIS OF PILE-FOUNDATION SUPERSTRUCTURE INTERACTION IN FIXED OFFSHORE PLATFORMS
This paper offers a method for solving the static interaction analysis problem in a way that improves the interface model and reduces the cost of an analysis. By viewing the elastic superstructure as a single linear "super" element, the non-linear character of the inter- face is confined to a system composed of non-linear foundation components, an elastic element connecting them and a set of equivalent loads. The solution of this simplified system is obtained by an efficient numerical technique, and represents a set of boundary conditions on the remaining linear superstructure.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Metcalf, M F
- Gerdes, D B
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Engineering soils; Geotechnical engineering; Hydrodynamics; Motion; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Pile foundations; Static loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Platform motions; Static loading; Wave force analysis
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM