NUCLEAR ENERGY--A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE
The viability of nuclear energy as an alternative to conventional energy sources (i.e. fossil fuels) for the propulsion of merchant ships is examined. Critical factors are explored in detail which support the conclusion that nuclear propulsion is a workable solution for solving the nation's energy problems.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Levine, Z
- Dickinson, R W
- Winall, A O
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153827
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM