MARINE FUELS--THEIR FUTURE AND USE ABOARD SHIP
The most probable course of events (type, availability, price) in marine bunkers for the forseeable future is discussed. Various projects underway by the U.S. Maritime Administration relating to improving fuel consumption aboard ship are described. These projects address such areas as combustion improvement, advanced marine boiler/burner design, degraded fuels, propulsion systems and advanced powerplants.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Critelli, F X
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Boilers; Combustion; Economic efficiency; Electric power plants; Fuel consumption; Oil burners; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler design; Combustion control; Power plant design; Power plant efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153826
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM