MAXIMUM WAVE LOADINGS ON FIXED AND FLOATING PLATFORMS
The hydrodynamic forces acting on fixed and floating platforms are reviewed and experience with determining maximum wave loads is discussed. The effect of wave non-linearities is covered. Field data for high wave conditions are summarized and is used in several examples to estimate design wave conditions and to calculate maximum wave forces.
- Paper presented at 1977 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, San Francisco, California, May 25-27.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Sellars, F H
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Force; Loads; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Stresses; Structural design; Water waves; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform design; Wave forces on structures; Wave induced stresses; Wave loads
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00153824
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM