STUDY ON FINITE ELEMENT METHOD FOR STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS-5TH REPORT CONSTANT STRAIN MODEL FOR ANALYSIS OF PLATE BENDING PROGRAM
This paper presents a triangular model for analysis of plate bending problem, which is not a conforming model but is a constant strain model having 6 degrees of freedom in one element. An investigation is made on relative accuracy of results obtained by the use of this model and 4 other triangular models, and it is verified that this model provides exceedingly accurate results by using reasonably fine mesh and has the advantage of monotonic convergence. Some examples of analysis of 3-dimensional plate structures using this model are presented. This triangular model is to be recommended for analysis of plate, 3-dimensional plate structure or shell with arbitrarily shaped boundaries.
- IN Japanese-no charge. In English-req price.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Yuki, T
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 375-379
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 11 N
- Issue Number: 5
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Finite element method; Shells (Structural forms); Stresses; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Three dimensional stress
- Old TRIS Terms: Shell stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00034443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM