DEVELOPMENT OF NC PIPE BENDERS
Manpower saving and higher product quality are eagerly sought after in every field of industry today, and pipe bending is no exception. Also faster, simpler and more reliable work is an essential requirement. With many technical achievements to its credit in manufacturing various pipe-bending machines, IHI has now developed NC drawing type pipe benders of its own. These automatic NC pipe benders numerically control the length of feed and the rolling and bending angles of pipes, thus making it possible to realize a fully numerical-controlled system from engineering process to actual pipe bending. They will come into extensive use not only in shipbuilding but in the automotive and railway industries.
- In Japanese-no charge. In English-req price. Report done by Technical Development Department.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 299-307
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 11 N
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Bending; Numerical control; Pipe; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipe benders; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00034442
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1974 12:00AM