STRENGTH AROUND SLOT FOR PENETRATION OF LONGITUDINALS
Many parts of a hull are generally constituted with stiffeners and primary supporting members which sustain the stiffeners. In this paper, we obtain the strength around the slots which are cut out of the web plate of primary supporting members that penetrate longitudinals in tankers and ore carriers. From a theoretical detailed formula, data of model tests and measurements on ships, we made a simplified formula for analyzing the strength of the lowest part of web stiffeners. This simplified formula can be applied to practical design. Also, by using this formula, we analyzed the strength of the said points on tankers and ore carriers which have actually been at sea. According to the results of this analysis, the methods for reinforcing around the slot were clarified.
- In Japanese--No charge. In English-- Req Price.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Ochi, Y
- NAGANO, T
- Yamaguchi, K
- Kimura, H
- Kashima, H
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 463-474
- Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review
- Volume: 11
- Issue Number: 6
- Publisher: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- TRT Terms: Girders; Hulls; Joints (Engineering); Stiffness; Structural design; Web stiffened structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull girders; Stiffened joints
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00034441
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM