WHAT'S NEW IN TRAFFIC CONTROL AND SIGNING?
The article reports on a survey made of various street and road departments across the country to determine what they are doing in the way of upgrading traffic control devices and road signs. The response has shown that road and street departments are basically complying with the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) while at the same time putting into effect special control or signing devices to provide safer roads and streets. Highway sign vandalism, which is on the upswing nationally, is being combated effectively in some areas. In many cases, special innovations are being put to use in an effort to fight the rising cost of labor and materials. Among the findings discussed are the use of lower watt lamps, maintenance management, bridge failure sensor and flasher light system, and others.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1519687
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Flashing traffic signals; Labor costs; Maintenance management; Materials; Surveys; Traffic control; Traffic control devices; Traffic signs; Vandalism
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM