LONDON'S NEW BUS "SUPER ROUTE"
Bus Route 32, which runs between Kilburn Park Station and Edgware Station, was designated as London, England's first bus Super Route. In a 6-month experiment, intensive enforcement of bus-lane and parking restrictions will keep lanes free of congestion. Automatic vehicle location, allowing operators at bus garages to track the whereabouts of all their services, is being introduced; and countdown information displays, showing the arrival time of the next bus, are being installed at stops along the route. Buses will also be given priority at traffic lights.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/614107147
- Page Range: pp 20, 65
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1999-12
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lanes; Bus priority; Bus routes; Bus stops; Bus transit; Bus transit operations; Parking regulations; Schedules; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic signals
- Geographic Terms: London (England); United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00781710
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 15 2000 12:00AM