THE WAKE PEAK AND ITS INFLUENCE IN MARINE PROPELLER DESIGN
The paper covers some aspects of wake variation from the viewpoint of practical design to prevent cavitation erosion. Three main variables are discussed: the propeller profile type, its width and its camber.
- Presented at the Symposium on "Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems, in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977, Session 2.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Patience, G
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation erosion; Propellers; Vehicle design; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propeller geometry; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159987
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 19/2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM