The paper reviews the reasons for the increase in popularity of main engine driven auxiliary generator systems and goes on to describe the methods in general use. The various compromises in respect of quality of supply performance, reliability and protection are examined. A review of operational experience follows and the paper concludes with a discussion of probable development over the next ten years.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Locock, RTS
- Wood, M J
- Publication Date: 1975-4-15
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power generation; Generators; Shafts (Machinery)
- Old TRIS Terms: Shaft generators
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159979
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM