MEDIUM-SIZED SHIPYARDS AND PROBLEMS OF PREPARING SURFACES FOR PAINTING
The paper summarizes the Spanish shipbuilding program during the period 1974-1975, with particular regard to the contribution made by medium-sized yards having an annual steel throughput of less than 32,500 metric tons. The problems of surface preparation and ship painting encountered in these yards are discussed. An economic comparison is made between the costs of steel preparation and painting in the yard and in a prefabrication workshop. A simple formula for calculating the break-even point is given.
- Presented at 13th Technical Meeting on Marine Engineering, in Asturias, June 2-4, 1976.
Asociacion de Ingenieros Navales38 General Goded
- Cardiel, J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Hulls; Paint; Painting; Shipbuilding; Surface preparation
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull painting; Paint technology
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159971
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM