DIRECTIONAL METHOD OF FORECASTING WIND-GENERATED SEA WAVES
A method of wave forecasting is presented, based on wind data over the generating area and on a theoretical "fully developed" energy spectrum, giving the directional energy spectrum of a sea state at any location.
- Presented at Seatec 77, March 1-5, 1977 in Singapore.
Seatec 77, Singapore
- Losada, M A
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Seas; Water waves; Weather forecasting; Wind waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Sea spectra; Wave forecasting
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159954
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 10 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM