CARGO SHIPS FOR TRADES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
The world merchant fleet is analyzed in terms of age and geographical distribution. Some of the motivation which are encouraging the creation of merchant fleets are summarized as well as the difficulties encountered in expanding and modernizing merchant fleets. Outline of 12 designs of interest to developing countries are given.
- Presented at Europort '76, International Maritime Conference, Amsterdam, November 10-11, 1976.
Expo Travel & Conferences, BVWaalhauven ZZ 44
3088HJ Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Casas Blanco, F
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Fleet management; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Statistics; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics; Trade analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159952
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM