AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECT OF PROPELLER HULL INTERACTION ON THE STRUCTURES OF THE WAKE FIELD
The paper deals with the determination of the effective wake of a tanker model. Effective wake fields were derived from the flow measurements in the orifice of three diffusers, representing a propeller at various loads. Differences between nominal and effective wake are discussed.
- Symposium on "Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems." Held at Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977, Session 1.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Hoekstra, M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Diffusers; Hulls; Mechanical loads; Propellers; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull propeller interaction; Propeller loading; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 4/1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM