PERFORMANCE OF PLASTIC PACKAGING FOR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS TRANSPORTATION: PART I MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
This report, prepared for the U. S. Department of Transportation, contains background information useful in evaluating the performance of plastic packagings for hazardous materials transportation, insofar as mechanical properties are concerned. Current DOT regulations and test methods are reviewed, as well as testing procedures from other organizations and countries. Also included are recommendations to modify current DOT regulations to make test methods more quantitative. Finally, experimental data are presented which represent the initial stage of a study it is hoped will ultimately lead to the establishment of criteria upon which the long time behavior of plastic containers can be predicted based on short time tests.
National Bureau of Standards14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20234
- Crissman, J M
- Guttman, C M
- Zapas, L J
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Chemicals; Containers; Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Mechanical properties; Packaging; Packaging materials; Plastics; Polymers; Regulations; Specifications; Test procedures; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government regulations; Hazardous materials transportation
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00159948
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/MTB/OHMO-76/4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-AS-50074
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM