PROPELLER DESIGN INNOVATION
The Author describes an innovation in propeller design which is expected to improve propulsive efficiency and cavitation behaviour. At the same time, it offers the possibility of reducing the pressure fluctuation forces induced on the afterbody by propellers. The concept, which basically consists of a Kaplan-type propulsor enclosed within a cylindrical duct has been investigated by a series of model tests on a number of variants, the results of which have been extrapolated to a speed of 15 knots. Some conclusions of interest related to ship/model correlation procedures and also to the propeller/hull interaction mechanism are derived.
- Proceedings of 13th Technical Meeting on Marine Engineering in Asturias, June 2-4, 1976.
Asociacion de Ingenieros Navales38 General Goded
- Gomez, G P
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Engine efficiency; Hulls; Mechanical loads; Propellers; Propulsion; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull propeller interaction; Propeller design; Propeller loading; Propulsive efficiency
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM