AUTOMATED OFFSHORE POSITIONING FROM SATELLITES
The paper deals with the "transit" navigation satellite system. It reviews the principles of transit satellites, and discusses the evolution of satellite user equipment. Improvements in satellite positioning accuracy are then described, including improved doppler counting, simultaneous fix computations, automated receiver control, and translocation.
- Presented at IFAC/IFIP Symposium held in Bergen, Norway, June 14-17, 1976.
Inter Fed of Auto Control/Inter Fed of Info ProcWashington, DC USA
- Spradley, L H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigational satellites; Position fixing; Satellite navigation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159930
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM