HANDLING OF BULK LIQUID CHEMICALS BY SEA
The paper discusses the development of chemical/parcel tankers since the late 1950's and gives a resume of international regulations affecting them, with special reference to interpretation of the IMCO-rules. On the technical aspects, the paper reviews specialized equipment in these vessels, tank coatings, tank cleaning, cargo systems and handling methods, types of cargo, and stowage.
- Presented at the Symposium on the Operation of Large Ships, in London, March 1976.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Langford, R W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Cargo handling; Chemical tankers; Chemicals; Cleaning; Protective coatings; Storage tanks; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo pumps; Tank cleaning; Tank coatings
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159926
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM