INTEGRATED NAVIGATION APPLIED TO SURVEYING AND PIPELAYING
Two computerized navigation systems were delivered by "Norcontrol" and installed on "Viking Piper" and "Lindinger Surveyor" in 1975. The main part of the systems is a position estimator combining the signals from all the different navigation systems on board, and the best position estimate is continually available. Track following and anti-collision system are described, and the experience from the first year of operation is discussed.
- Presented at IFAC/IFIP Symposium held in Bergen, Norway, June 14-17, 1976.
Inter Fed of Auto Control/Inter Fed of Info ProcWashington, DC United States
- Baggerud, A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Integrated systems; Navigation computers; Navigation systems; Pipe laying; Ships; Surveying
- Candidate Terms: Pipe laying ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer aided navigation; Integrated navigation systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159924
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM