INVESTIGATIONS ABOUT NOISE ABATEMENT MEASURES IN WAY OF SHIP'S ACCOMMODATION BY MEANS OF TWO LABORATORY FACILITIES
The transfer of structureborne sound from a steel deck to a plastic laminated chipboard accommodation bulkhead is investigated by means of two laboratory facilities. In one facility a complete cabin is installed in between two decks, in the other a single bulkhead is placed on top of a deck. It is concluded that the attainable noise reduction due to installing floating floors is very much higher than usually obtained aboard ships.
- Also direct inquiries for obtaining this report to your National Ship Research Institute.
Netherlands Maritime Institute, ZZ N/A
- Buiten, J
- Aartsen, H
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Crew accommodation; Noise control; Sound transmission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report No. M8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM