ON SHIP MANOEUVRING AND WATERWAY WIDTH
Existing waterway design guidelines and research are reviewed. A probabilistic approach to waterway dimensioning is then presented based on the "Monte Carlo" method, and this method is discussed in some detail. The most important conclusions drawn from the simulation results is the importance of positioning accuracy. The influence of water depth was found to be of minor importance in the present context.
Helsinki University of Technology, FinlandShip Hydrodynamics Laboratory
- Sukselainen, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Maneuvering; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Restricted water operation; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM