REDUCING COST AND OUT OF SERVICE TIME FOR MAJOR REPAIRS
Recent examples of savings in out of service time of up to 40%, achieved by the use of objective planning and monitoring techniques are quoted. A more general level of savings potential is suggested by reference to experience with a sizeable tanker/bulker fleet. The benefits of including repair planning as an integral part of an overall management improvement program are discussed. Critical path, job control chart and resource allocation chart are shown.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Ireland, H J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Repairing; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Repairs); Repair costs
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM