THE OPERATION OF COST CONTROL SYSTEMS IN A LARGE FLEET
The prime financial control report produced by a particular shipowning company, the "monthly operating statement", is shown. The various cost control centers are dealt with, these are: personnel, vessel performance, repairs and spare gear, drydocking and field repairs, stores and provisions, and marine insurance and "P&I cover".
- From the Symposium on the Operation of Large Ships, London, March 1976.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Dorey, J G
- Leatham, S P
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Economic analysis; Fleet management; Management; Ship operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ship operation); Management control systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159917
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM