THE QUANTITATIVE EVALUATION OF THE RISK OF DISASTER FROM TROPICAL CYCLONES
Evaluates meteorological and hydrological factors involved in assessing tropical cyclone vulnerability: frequencies, tracks, and intensities; analysis of speed and direction of motion; landfall; analyses of winds, rainfall, and storm surges; risk evaluation - warning timeliness, forecast accuracy; and social and economic aspects.
- Cost is $27.00.
UnipubBox 433, Murray Hill Station
New York, NY United States 10016
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 143 p.
- TRT Terms: Hurricanes; Meteorology; Reports; Storm surges; Weather forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological reports
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159587
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Unipub
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPE 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM