METAL CORROSION TESTING OF SELECTED CHEMICALS AND SOLUTIONS
Nineteen solutions/materials were tested in accordance with NACE Standard TM-01-69, modified to represent the requirements of code of Federal Regulations, Title 49-Transportation, Section 173.240(a)(2). Corrosion rates were determined on hot-rolled 1020 steel alloy and 7075-T5 aluminim alloy.
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Materials Transportation Bureau, Office of Hazardous Materials.
Ocean City Research CorporationTennessee Avenue and Beach Thorofare
Ocean City, NJ United States 08226
- Harton Jr, E E
- Rawl, R R
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Alloys; Aluminum alloys; Chemicals; Corrosion; Corrosion tests; Hazardous materials; Railroad materials; Safety; Tank cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Alloy corrosion behavior; Tank car construction materials
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00159583
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/MTB/OHMO-76/1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30078
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1978 12:00AM