STRUCTURAL INELASTICITY XV, LIMIT ANALYSIS AND COULOMB FRICTION
The theorems of limit analysis are not valid if part of the boundary is pressed against a rigid surface and constrained by coulomb friction. In reference to a problem of inverted extrusion, we show how conventional limit analysis can be extended to obtain upper and lower bounds on the force necessary for extrusion.
University of Minnesota, MinneapolisDepartment of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics, 200 Union Street, SE
Minneapolis, MN United States 55455
- Hodge Jr, P G
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Plastic analysis; Skin resistance; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00159579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of Naval Research London (England)
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEM-H1-15 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NI4-75-C-0177
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM