STRUCTURAL INELASTICITY XIV AUTOMATIC PIECEWISE LINEARIZATION IN IDEAL PLASTICITY
A method is proposed for constructing a piecewise linear approximation to an arbitrary yield function. The approximation is constructed in the course of solving a given boundary-value problem. Its use is illustrated with some simple examples.
University of Minnesota, MinneapolisDepartment of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics, 200 Union Street, SE
Minneapolis, MN USA 55455
- Hodge Jr, P G
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Elastoplasticity; Finite element method; Plastic analysis; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00159578
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of Naval Research London (England)
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEM-H1-14 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N14-75-C-0177
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM