PERM-BAR II, A NEW TYPE MEMBRANE CONTAINMENT FOR CRYOGENIC MARINE CARRIERS
Owens-Corning Fiberglas has engineered a membrane containment system that fulfills the rigid performance requirements for cryogenic marine carriers. They have combined engineering, scientific, manufacturing and installation expertise to develop, what they believe, is the system that most completely meets the challenging requirements of this marine cryogenic service. After a detailed survey and review of the marine industry's unique needs in these specialized carriers, specific performance parameters were compiled, followed by acceptance criteria for each parameter. The purpose of these acceptance criteria was to define the capability of the system design or component to meet the performance parameters.
- Reprinted from techincal paper presented to Gastech 76.
Owens-Corning Fiberglas CorporationEngineered Systems Sec, Mechanical Operating Div
Toledo, OH United States 43659
- Swaney, W A
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Cryogenic materials; Electric insulating materials; Hazardous materials; Heat insulating materials; Insulating materials; Insulation systems; Liquefied natural gas; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng tank insulation; Membrane tank systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Pap.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM