THE U.S.-FLAG TANKER FLEET AND DOMESTIC CARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS
The shipping capacity needed to fulfill domestic requirements associated with anticipated Alaskan oil production and requirements during an embargo requiring a withdrawal from the National Strategic Petroleum Reserve can be obtained from a variety of sources. Current assessments clearly suggest that the U.S.-flag fleet alone will be more than adequate to meet these needs. But it is useful to know that beyond this capacity there is a large pool of additional tonnage which may be employed if some unforeseen conditions should conspire to impose demands beyond the capacity of the U.S. fleet.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-10-21
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Fleet management; Oil tankers; Statistics; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics; Tanker demand
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM