1979 GENERAL WORLD ADMINISTRATIVE RADIO CONFERENCE--IMPLICATIONS AND COMPLICATIONS
A General World Administrative Radio Conference is scheduled to convene in Geneva, Switzerland, in the fall of 1979 for a period of approximately ten weeks. At this Conference, to be held under the auspices of the International Telecommunication Union, the international Radio Regulations will be subject to revision. Because of the scope of the Conference, and the infrequency with which such conferences are held, the framework of the Table of Frequency Allocations can be shaped for the remainder of this century. Recent changes in the manner in which many of the newly emerging nations approach international conferences pose difficult problems for the United States. Some of these problems, possible countering strategy, and our national conference preparatory effort are discussed briefly with a view toward increased public awareness and understanding.
- Symposium on Maritime Telecommunications held April 26-28, 1976 in San Diego, California
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Cutts, R L
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Volume: 5
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Cooperation; International; International compacts; Radio; Telecommunications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159511
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM