TELEX OVER RADIO WITH ERROR CORRECTION
Telex on the maritime HF frequencies, using the error correction system defined by CCIR Recommendation 476, adopted at the XIIth Plenary Assembly in New Delhi in 1970, has for some years been used by many European coast stations and is now also installed in the Far East, whereas it has not yet been properly introduced in U.S.A. The system shows rapid development, being one of the cheapest means of international communication for ships and offering the advantage of a hard copy produced directly at the receiver's office. This paper describes the operational procedures and the traffic pattern for this service.
- Symposium on Maritime Telecommunication Electronics Meeting held April 26-28, 1976 in San Diego, California.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Salking, C
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Radio
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159509
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM