DIGITAL SELECTIVE-CALLING--ON THE HORIZON
Specific requirements needed to implement Digital Selective-Calling (SELCALL) on a wide-scale commercial basis have been identified through extensive experience in equipment development and testing. The primary objective of this paper is to inform potential users about equipment requirements such as frequency stability, and operational requirements such as system configuration and radio operator procedures. Specific tasks needed for orderly implementation are listed. A brief summary of the past progress of and outlook for the implementation of SELCALL is included.
- Symposium on Maritime Telecommunication Electronics held April 26-28, 1976 in San Diego, California.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC United States 20554
- Kimpo, F L
- Kump, C G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Communication devices; Communication systems; Radio; Selective calling systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM