INTERFERENCE MODELS AND PREDICTIONS FOR A SYSTEM OF DIGITAL SELECTIVE CALLING UNITS
This paper analyzes the interference levels for the Maritime Digital Selective Calling System (SELCALL) as a function of message length and user population. The system is modeled in terms of an Erlang Loss Function and a parametric representation of interference level probability is computed. Two types of models are considered. The basic model considers the Selective Calling system in terms of separate single channels in which no user discipline is exercised. The second model treats the case where effective user discipline can be exercised in a multichannel system.
- Symposium on Maritime Telecommunication Electronics held April 26-28, 1976 in San Diego, California.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Fee, J J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Digital computers; Radio; Selective calling systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM