A PRODUCTION SHIP TERMINAL FOR THE MARISAT SYSTEM
Previous papers by the author given at RTCM Assemblies have dealt with design problems and solutions related to a ship terminal for use in the Marisat System. This paper describes the final product which has been in production for one year and is currently installed on a number of merchant ships. Installation problems are discussed. The Atlantic Marisat Satellite was launched on 19 February 1976 and scheduled for commercial operation only a few weeks prior to the 1976 RTCM Assembly. The experience gained during the test phase and the few weeks of commercial operation using the Atlanta based ship terminal are described.
- Symposium on Maritime Telecommunication Electronics held April 26-28, 1976 in San Diego, California.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Kelly, T J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Communication devices; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00159505
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM