PISTON RING SCUFFING
This conference contains 15 papers and addresses the problem of piston ring scuffing on many different levels. Included in the conference are papers dealing with: piston ring materials; dynamic factor related to scuffing; piston ring profile; lubrication of piston rings; metallurgical aspects of scuffing; pressure measurements between piston rings and cylinders; and a survey of scuffing in spark ignition engines.
- Proceedings of the Piston Ring Scuffing Conference, sponsored by the Automobile Division of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London, England, May 13-14, 1975. Also available from ESL.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Diagnostic tests; Diesel engines; Internal combustion engines; Lubrication; Piston rings; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine diagnostics
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: CP5-1975 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM