MAKING TRACKS : CAN GPS LURE RIDERS TO THE RAILS?
This article describes how Global Positioning System (GPS) and radio transmitters are being linked to in-station monitors and displays in an effort to provide more accurate train arrival information for passengers. The experience by ScotRail in Scotland is described.
- Publication Date: July 1998
- Campbell, John
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pagination: p. 22-26, 28
- TRT Terms: Advanced traveler information systems; Global Positioning System; Railroad transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00776590
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Nov 17 1999 12:00AM