SMALL TRANSIT BUS REQUIREMENTS STUDY. GUIDELINES FOR THE DESIGN OF FUTURE SMALL TRANSIT BUSES AND BUS STOPS TO ACCOMMODATE THE ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED
The report presents scenarios for the future uses and market of small buses, as well as the conceptual design for three vehicle configurations to assess the feasibility of meeting design requirements.
- See also Interim rept. no. 3, PB-269 395. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E12, PB-269 392-SET.
RRC International, Incorporated24 Wade Road
Latham, NY USA 12110
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bus stops; Bus transportation; Buses; Design; Guidelines; Market surveys; Minibuses; Physically handicapped persons; Railroad stations; Shape; Specifications; Urban transportation; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration; Requirement
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159378
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-6-0074-7704 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-40015, DOT-UT-50006
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1981 12:00AM