MOTORCYCLE SAFETY IMPROVEMENT. VOLUME II. TECHNICAL REPORT
Three areas relating to motorcycle safety were investigated control cable strength and reliability, cornering clearances, and fuel system integrity. Surveys, analytical studies, and test programs were conducted to support the development of realistic performance specifications and their implementation as standards, test procedures, and design practices.
- See also Volume 1, PB-267 614.
AMF IncorporatedAdvanced Systems Laboratory, 495 South Fairview Avenue
Goleta, CA USA 93017
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Khadilkar, A
- NICHOLS, R
- Schwarz, R
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 298 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Control; Deformation; Fuel systems; Maneuverability; Motorcycles; Performance based specifications; Reliability; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Specifications; Surveys; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159367
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-400 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-01181
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1978 12:00AM